Terry began attending PV in 2007 and became an elder in 2016. He has been married to Rhonda for 45 years. They have 2 children (Terisa and Joel), 5 grandchildren (Jayde, Wyatt, Raegen, Hayden, and Isaac, and 2 great grandchildren (Baylor and Kinsley).
Terry enjoys making people laugh, just to lighten the load!
Troy started attending PV in 2011. He has been married to Jana for 34 years and they have 2 daughters and 3 grandsons; Hudson, Oliver, and Asher. Troy became an elder in 2021.
Fun fact: Troy's childhood interest and then teenage career goal was to become a cowboy. He currently lives on a sprawling 2 acre ranch with 1 whole head of cattle and no horses (no room for both).
Scott began attending PV in 2000 and then become an elder in 2003.
He has been married Michelle, for 27 years. They have 3 children;
Lilly - 18, Madie - 16, and Lincoln - 13. Scott has traveled this great country on 18 wheels (truck), 2 wheels (motorcycle),and now often on 8 wheels (pickup and camper) with his family as we help churches and share the Gospel!
Pleasant View Missionary Church Elders Responsibilities
- Serve as under-shepherds (under Christ). John 10:16, Colossians 1:18, 1Peter 2-5, Hebrews 4:14. Ability to receive instruction from Christ
- Lead a life of prayer. Willingness to give extra time to pray alone, with other overseers, and with the pastors.
- Carry out restoration. Galatians 6:1-2, Going to sinning, lax Christians and lovingly confront as needed.
- Prepare other people to serve. 2Timothy 2:2. Giving time to a mentoring process in order to train future leadership/overseers.
- Be a "steward" (oversees) the flock. 1Peter 5:1-2. Committed to Biblical standards and directives; committed to helping by example and testimony; and assisting the congregation to live under the Lordship of Christ. Clarifying as needed: church doctrines, practices and church policies.
- Select a Pastor. Appoint the Pastoral Search Committee with an elder representative being the chairperson.
- Complete the annual evaluation of pastoral staff.